Thursday, March 18, 2010

Do Penguins have feelings?


We as humans notice the negative effects and have feelings about global warming. Things like overflowing rivers, floods and tsunami, but the question is - do penguins? I think that penguins do have feelings because I think they are noticing changes in their environment. Think about if you were a penguin, how would you feel?

One of the changes they are probably noticing is that their land is melting. I think that they are getting nervous because they fear losing all of their land. I also think that they are noticing new species of fish in the water when they go for food; I think this is happening because the water is getting warm enough for other species of fish to move to the Arctic/Sub arctic waters. Another thing is that they are probably noticing is that on the end of Argentina there are tourists that are coming to see them, and I think that they don’t like people invading their land

These are some of the things that penguins are noticing and I think they feel sad, mad, and surprised.
By, Ethan

1 comment:

  1. Ethan,

    Hmmmm...I'm not entirely sure penguins can show quite the range of feelings you have listed here (though I did see it in Happy Feet), but your point is certainly well expressed by putting it the way you have. Let's face it, whether the penguins feel this way or not, WE feel terrible for them. Who doesn't love a penguin?

    Gwack! Brr-gwonk! That's penguin for "Thanks for writing this."

    Mr. Lagana

    ReplyDelete